- closed toe and heel, with a solid velcro ankle strap - basically like a ventilated sneaker - comfy and safe!
- super light weight (I weighed one of my son's size 28 sandals and it came in at just 4.5oz!!!)
- water-safe and "quick dry"... when I read "quick dry" I thought they'd be dry in an hour after a romp at the splash pads, but no such luck. They were still quite damp at bedtime (5 hours later) but were completely dry by the time we woke up in the morning (i.e. dry in under 12 hours).
- flexible rubber sole that provides great traction, even when wet (but of course, be careful on slippery surfaces!!)
- machine washable - YESSSSSSSSSS!!!
- vegan shoes made from eco-friendly materials
Summer is here, folks!! Have you gotten your kids their warm weather and water-safe footwear yet? With a 4 year old and 1.5 year old twins, I look for closed-toe sandals that stay on securely and allow for all the climbing, jumping, and splashing around their little hearts can desire. After doing some research, I reached out to pediped to try out what appeared to me to be the perfect children's sandals. Luckily, I was right, they're awesome!! Keep reading for my review of the pediped Flex Sahara sandals (and enter to win a pair of pediped sandals in my $360 value Summer Goodies for the Kiddies Giveaway linked at the bottom!)
We have been huge pediped fans for a couple of years now (you can see my previous reviews on their Originals Natasha Mary Janes, Grip 'n Go Max Sneakers, and Flex Norm Loafers). They always knock it out of the park on quality and cuteness, and put a parent's mind at ease having received the American Podiatric Medical Association Seal of Acceptance for the promotion of healthy foot development.
The pediped Flex Sahara sandals are no exception, and are amazing summer shoes for a number of reasons, here are the features I'm loving most:
My kids have gotten a few wears out of them already at the park and sprinklers, and I was very happy to not see even the slightest bit of irritation on any of their feet, ankles, or toes (which is not the case when they wear some of their other shoes without socks), and no slipping even while running around in the sprinklers at the playground! I'm loving the performance of the shoes, they really are like sneakers in regard to how active the kids can be in them, and I also love how many colors they come in (see below!), though it makes it really hard to pick out just one pair...
pediped Flex Sahara sandals come in sizes EU 20 (US 5) - EU 33 (Y 1.5-2) and go for about $53 on their website or Amazon (affiliate link). But don't forget, you can enter to win a pair of ANY of pediped sandals (they have tons of other styles - water safe, dressy, you name it) in my Summer Goodies for the Kiddies Giveaway, ending May 31!
Disclaimer: I'm no sellout guys! Though I was sent these products free of charge for my honest review, thoughts and opinions are my own and completely unbiased.
About Me ^_^
I'm just a NYC mom blogger and YouTuber living in Bay Ridge Brooklyn with my Japanese husband & our 3 kids (twins plus 1)! Sharing the trials and tribulations of raising bi-lingual bi-racial bi-national babies in the Big Apple! Humor, honesty, family travel, product reviews & giveaways, galore!