Downs: Lack of sleep, lack of free time (I miss my bazillion TV shows I was addicted to!), lack of alone time with hubby, extreme frustration during the witching hour (evening time when Kenzo's at his crankiest), lack of money (we haven't really dipped into our savings but I do our financials at the end of each month and I miss seeing it actually go UP - missing the dual income).
Ups: Seeing Kenzo's constant development both physically and emotionally, his laughs and giggles and smiles, all my awesome new mama friends, juggling baby and Miny Moe and this blog and Mommy Nearest is a struggle but really fulfilling, feeling more a part of society (we go to the weekly library classes, strangers say hello on the street, I'm active in the local community through FB's Bay Ridge Parents, Bay Ridge Baby Mamas, and Bay Ridge Swappies).
Best of Times:
* Witnessing Kenzo roll over for the first time - I screamed SO LOUD!!!
* Tickle time - depending on his mood he's really ticklish on his tummy, armpits, and inner thighs. His laughter is contagious and we both go nuts for a good 10 minutes!
* Introducing Kenzo to family and friends for the first time, I feel like such a proud mommy!
* Finally making the decision to quit my job and not go back after maternity leave - best decision ever and such a relief once it was finally made!
Worst of Times:
* Diaper blowouts and poo explosions - all over his back, on my hands, on the wall... ick!!!
* Screaming the ENTIRE drive back from NJ after hubby's basketball game. Eventually mama was crying too!
* Trip to the ER at 4 days postpartum (for bilirubin check) - what a nightmare and so scary!
* Physically for me, the whole 1st 2 weeks postpartum, yuck yuck ouch ouch no fun at all!!
So how about you?? What have been your ups and downs as a new mom?