- It's creamy and easy to apply (as easy as getting sunblock on a wriggly screaming toddler can be, anyway) - it rubs in quickly, smoothly, and thoroughly!
- It smells amazing, like creamsicles!
- It's one of the healthiest! Thinksport for Kids and/or Thinkbaby (same formula, just different packaging) consistently rank in the top 20 on EWG's "Best Scoring Sunscreen Lotions for Kids" and receive scores of "1" on EWG's Skin Deep database (scores range from 1 being the safest to 10 being the most concerning). It's also the first sunscreen to pass Whole Foods Premium Care Requirements.
- It's a mineral-based sunscreen - the active ingredient is zinc oxide 20% (non-nano). You can read more about the difference between mineral-based and chemical-based sunscreens here, but in a nutshell, there are concerns over skin allergies and the most common chemical used, oxybenzone, mimicking estrogen. Yikes!
- It works!! It's UVA/UVB broad spectrum SPF 50+ and water resistant for 80 minutes! Take heed though, it is not "tear free" and does sting if it gets in the eyes. My recommendation is to avoid applying too close to the eyes, and also avoid putting it on the hands of little ones since they tend to rub their eyes with the backs of their hands.
- They don't test on animals and is free from Avobenzone, Oxybenzone, UV Chemical absorbers, paraben, phthalates, PABA, 1 & 4 dioxane, and gluton.
- It leaves you feeling hydrated and glowing, not greasy or ghost-like (unlike many of the zinc oxide based sunscreens I've tried). I've never experienced any irritation or breakout from using it on my face or body. See my below before and after shots!
This question comes up a lot in my mommy circles and I'm happy to say I've finally gotten an answer!! I asked their rep and the quick answer is, pretty much nothing! It's all to do with marketing, really. "Baby" and "Kids" are the exact same lotion - same formula and scent, just in different packaging because they thought bigger kids wouldn't want to read "baby" on their sunscreen! HA!!! "Sport" is the exact same formula as the other two, just having a different scent - it's grapefruit & currant whereas "Baby" and "Kids" are papaya.