Don't forget to sign up for our e-newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay in the loop of all the local goings on!!
All the events and ads below are linked, so click away for more details and to double check before heading out for an event (time changes, cancellations, and mistakes do happen on occasion).
Click here to submit your Bay Ridge area family-friendly event or program for a complimentary listing in an upcoming events roundup!
Businesses are invited to read more about advertising with us and to sign up for our advertisers' newsletter to receive occasional ad specials and upcoming deadline.
Disclaimer: This post includes some affiliate links - you don't pay more but we receive a small commission from purchases made after clicking.
- ~ Jan 26: Extended Kindergarten Applications Open for children born in 2015 - more info and register here!
- ~ Feb 2: Free Trial Classes at Music Together
- Feb 5 - March 16: UPK4 Applications for children born in 2016 (more info and apply here)
- Feb 5 - April 24: UPK3 Applications for children born in 2017 (more info and apply here, only available in Districts 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 16, 19, 23, 27, 29, 31, and 32 i.e. not in Bay Ridge, but anyone can apply no matter where you live)
- (July 29 until further notice): Play Days and Playdates will be closed except for Thursday Mommy & Me while owner recovers from surgery.
- Family Friendly Day Trips & Weekend Getaway Idea
Plan ahead for your children's care during Mid Winter Recess (Feb 17 - 21, 2020), here are some options on our radar:
- Bay Ridge Theatre Camp (337 74th St): Feb 17-21 (open house Sat Feb 15); ages 4-16, $235.
- Urban Steam Lab "Animal Planet" Camp (7912 5th Ave): Feb 17 - 21, K-5th graders, 8am-3pm, $100/day or $480/5 days, extended care til 6pm available
- Aviator (3159 Flatbush Ave): 9am-5pm $80/day or 8am-6pm $100/day, 10% off if registering all 5 days, 15% off 2nd child
- Park Slope Day Camp (339 8th St), Pre-K and up.
- Kings Bay Y, Feb 18 - 21, ages 4.5 - 13 years, 8am - 5:30pm, $75/day, $15/day til 6:30pm, $15/day early drop off at 7:30am, $25/day for early/late combo (i.e. 7:30am-6:30pm)
- Alt Side Parking Suspended - Happy Chinese New Year / Asian Lunar New Year (Year of the Rat)
- Changing Seasons Kids Yoga (ages 4-10) @ Young Love NYC @ 10:15 - 11
- FREE - Saturday Storytime @ Bay Ridge Library @ 11 - 11:30
- Changing Seasons Family Yoga @ Pure Life Movement Studio @ 12:30 - 1:15
- FREE - Saturday Storytime @ Dyker Library @ 12:30 - 1
- FREE - Chess Workshop for Children @ Fort Hamilton Library @ 12:30 - 2:30
- FREE - Rock and Roll Playhouse: Women Who Rock for Kids @ 274 36th St (Courtyard 5-6) @ 1 - 2
- FREE - Chess at 3 @ 268 36th Street @ 1 - 5 (on the hour)
- FREE - Saturday Storytime @ Fort Hamilton Library @ 3 - 3:30
- Parents Survival Night Out @ The Little Gym @ 5 - 8
- Lavender Blues ($20) @ Dimensions on Stage @ 10 - 10:45
- FREE - Toy Time @ Bay Ridge Library @ 10 - 12
- FREE - Toddler Time @ Dyker Library @ 10:15 & 11:15
- FREE - Babies and Books @ Fort Hamilton Library @ 10:30 - 11
- FREE - Build with DUPLO @ Dyker Library @ 11 - 1
- FREE - Toddler Time @ Fort Hamilton Library @ 11:30 - 12
- FREE - Teen Lounge @ Dyker Library @ 2:30 - 3:45
- FREE - Build with LEGO @ Bay Ridge Library @ 3 - 4
- Zumbini @ Beyond at Liberty View @ 11 - 12
- FREE - Babies & Books @ Dyker Library @ 1:15 - 2
- FREE - Teen Tech Time @ Dyker Library @ 2:30 - 4
- FREE - Teen Tech Time @ Fort Hamilton Library @ 3:30 - 4:30
- FREE - Dungeons and Dragons @ Bay Ridge Library @ 4 - 5
- FREE - Lunar New Year Celebration with Ba Ban Chinese Music @ Sunset Park Library @ 4 - 5
- Drop-In Karate Class for Kids & Adults ($10) @ Bay Ridge Jewish Center @ 6 - 7