BUT, I have some great news. There is a "universal" stroller cover I've recently come across that I am absolutely in love with. Say hello to my strollers' bestie, MANITO Stroller Shield!! Keep reading to learn more about these covers, and click the link at the bottom to enter to win one in my $500 value 11-product best stroller accessories giveaway!!
- keep your kids and stuff dry on rainy days
- keep kids toasty warm on cold days (like, seriously warm, the windows get fogged up and you have to crack open the zipper for some cool air! My kids usually don’t even need winter jackets or hat and gloves in there unless it’s below 30F or super windy, which is extra convenient since my twins sometimes sit in the stroller a good 10 minutes while I'm getting my 4 year old to the potty and wrestling him into his winter gear, so they don't have to sit there sweltering in their jackets and hats!)
- catch toys, pacifiers, bottles, and snacks that get dropped or tossed out by kids (it's amazing the loot I find resting below the seats tucked inside the cover at the end of the day!!!)
- keep kids from crawling into the stroller by themselves (probably not an issue for people who have space to keep strollers in the garage or a spare room, but for city dwellers the stroller just sits in the entry way, and my twins LOVE to climb up inside it all day long, ugh!! But, if I zip up the stroller cover, they can't get up and in!!)
- keep strangers from touching your kids (no matter how friendly and benign a stranger's touch is, no parent wants a random reaching in and touching our kids, and yet, they do it, ALL. THE. TIME!!! Stroller cover to the rescue!)
- keep kids protected from dust, debris, and pollen (it's obviously not sealed, but it would definitely help limit these nasties from reaching your kids' airways).
- It comes with a handy storage pouch! Just make a mental note or take some photos to help you fold the cover correctly or you'll never figure out how to get it back in there haha!!
- Depending on the type of stroller you have, the cover will either go under the seat completely or go right up to the foot rest, creating a great net to catch dropped items - pacifiers, bottles, etc!
- It has built in rear pockets! I usually end up using these to cover my parent organizer and protect it from the rain.
- It has 2 air vents - one on either side of the stroller. As I mentioned, except in incredibly gusty weather, it does an excellent job at keeping cold air out of the stroller so it gets pretty toasty in there. With 2 babies in our stroller (i.e. tons of body heat), I usually have to leave the zipper cracked open a bit. I haven't used it in the summer yet, I imagine you have to be very careful not to overheat the kiddos!!
- It has a built in shade for sunny days or nap time.
- The bottom part of the cover can encounter splashes of mud externally and can catch quite a bit of debris internally from shoes and snacks, which is why they've made it easy to zipper off and (hand) wash.
I simply cannot recommend Manito's stroller covers highly enough. They're pricey, but you won't regret it. As a mom blogger, I get most products free to review, but I'll let you in on a little secret: I wanted this cover so badly for our double stroller that I bought it myself, NEW, RETAIL PRICE!! Like, what!?? When's the last time I have done that!?!? Anyway, worth every darn cent! Not only has it been a total life saver, it's also absolutely stunning, I love our big red beast LOL!!!
Manito has several stroller cover options to choose from. They have the Elegance and Castle lines, and you'll have to pick between Twin, Plus, Alpha, and Beta, depending on which type of stroller you have (click here to see the visual guide to figuring out which type you need). They also have a great assortment of colors to choose from!! Head on over to Manito's website to browse all of their goods, which include stroller covers, stroller seat liners, sun shades, stroller hand muffs, stroller organizers, baby carrier windbreakers and warmers, and baby shampoo caps!! You can also shop Manito goods on Amazon (affiliate link).