Here's a great video on it (no one ever mentioned the option of water and cotton balls to me... that sounds pretty great for a newborn actually)!!
I have to say that my husband was confused when I brought them home. "If they're just water, what's the point?? Can't you just use a wet towel?" to which I said "Sure, of course you can, and some people do. But I'm not a cloth diaperer and other than the occasional blowout on clothes I do not want to be dealing with all of that washing of pee and poop! I want something easy that I can just throw away, but that is safe and gentle on my baby." I could see the light bulb go off in his head. Got it!
1) They're a 100% natural baby wipe
2) They're great to prevent diaper rash as they'll do the clean up without leaving any chemicals or fragrances behind on on your babies, ummm, behind :P
3) They're especially helpful if your baby suffers from allergies or eczema
4) You can stop buying separate "pacifier wipes"
5) I'm pretty confident using these would not result in THIS (warning, photos not for the faint of heart!!)
I also tried the facial wipes by WaterWipes, which were equally awesome. They're fragrance-free, alcohol-free and consist only of water, sea salt, and grapefruit seed extract. They were true to their promise in that they didn't dry out my skin or sting (and I even wiped over my uber sensitive eye and eyelid area!). These will become a staple in the diaper bag and travel bag - I can picture using them many times on our flight to Japan this fall!!
A 3 months supply (12 packs of 60 wipes) of WaterWipes Baby Wipes are part of my $1500 value "Mother Of All Giveaways" running through May 26. ENTER TO WIN HERE TODAY!!
*Disclaimer: Although I did receive these products free of charge, I was not compensated in any other way to do this product review. All thoughts and opinions are my own and completely unbiased.