- I'm less likely to lose weight from exercise and should experience weight loss better with a high protein and high fiber intake. The reports even broke it down and provided me with a recommended diet plan of 45% carbs, 35% protein, and 20% fats, and exercise plan of cardio 3-4 days a week, strength training 2-3 days a week, and flexibility training 3-7 days a week.
- I have a high risk for hemochromatosis (iron overload, which can be deadly if unaware that you have it). This is actually something my uncle was diagnosed with a few years ago, so this result was extremely eye opening and has prompted me to make an appointment with my doctor to discuss any necessary diagnostic tests.
- I'm likely to have both the warrior personality trait (better processing of aversive stimuli) and worrier personality trait (advantage in memory and attention tasks; associated with more pain in response to aversive stimuli).
- It also ran through a long list of allergy risks, which are not diagnostic like a blood or skin test, but are still useful and could prompt one's decision to go in for further testing, or perhaps to understand your baby's possible increased risk before introducing first foods. I found it interesting that I have a high risk of peanut allergy, yet I don't have one and neither do my 3 kids, thankfully.
If interested in learning more or making a purchase, you'll first need to order and submit your basic DNA / Ethnicity / Ancestry Kit through one of the following companies compatible with Xcode Life. Here are a few available on Amazon (all affiliate links):
- 23andMe Genetic DNA Ancestry Kit
- Ancestry DNA Genetic Ethnicity Kit
- FamilyTree DNA
- Living DNA
- MyHeritage DNA Ancestry & Ethnicity Genetic Test
After receiving those reports, you can head on over to shop all of Xcode Life's products here, and get $10 off the Mega Pack with code "USJAPANFAM10" (valid through February 15, 2020), and of course you can find them on Facebook and Instagram!