Watch my full unboxing, demo, and review video here and read on for more details:
- Yes. Yes they are!! To 100 feet! They do recommend testing with a paper towel before using with your phone, just to be sure. Also, please do make sure all data is backed up, regularly. You never know when an accident can happen, related to the case or not! This is coming from a girl who has had TWO phones and a camera stolen...
- Far better than I anticipated, quite honestly!!
- Audio output is great, mic pickupup is great - both are a tad muffled but not nearly as bad as I thought they'd be. Still perfectly fine for taking phone calls and recording videos with sound. Actually in a windy situation it's probably better than your phone on its own which would probably pick up terrible wind sound more. Also, take care not to hold your phone near the mic or it'll pick up the rubbing sound which is quite irritating.
- If you keep it clean, photos and video will be great - same quality as without the case in my experience. I was shocked even going in and out of the water, getting splashed etc, I didn't have water marks or drops of water on my footage. It was fabulous!
- They come with a neck lanyard that has a safety lock so it won't accidentally come unhooked.
- They FLOAT!
- Some are glow in the dark.
- They're padded to help protect your phone.
- There's clear plastic on the front and back so all your cameras work.
- The front plastic allows your screen to still be sensitive to your fingers i.e. you can use all the features.
- I found the water often triggered the record or shoot button, so if I started filming out of the water and then dunked my phone into the pool, it turned itself off, and vice versa coming out of the water. It's frustrating, and if you don't realize, you could end up with zero footage for the day! The hack I found was simply to not go in and out of the water while recording. If I wanted to shoot my kids swimming under water, I'd go underwater with the camera and then hit record. Really not an issue except on the waterslides where you are face down on the mat in the water. I couldn't figure out a way to shoot there cuz the splashing water was endless LOL! I guess a GoPro strapped to your head is the only solution there.
- It's a bit hard to access side buttons on the side since there are no indicators for where they are and you can't feel them through the padding. Just know where the key ones are like power, etc.
- My photos and videos from the end of the day were super fuzzy. I thought maybe it had fogged up but when I took a closer look at the case, it had a gross film on it... Turns out I got my case super dirty from my sunscreened hands!! Oops!! So take care to make sure your plastic is clear or else your data will not be.
BUY YOUR CALICASE on CaliCase.com (affiliate link) - use code "japanfam" to get 20% off!!