It had a large and open feel - don't worry about bringing along your double stroller - no problem! You'll find escelators and elevators, changing tables in the bathrooms, high chairs in the dining area, and free parking (though public transport is easy, too, we took the 3rd Ave B37 from Bay Ridge)! Customer service in Liberty View and each of the shops was top notch. I got asked many times if I needed any help, but in a welcoming way rather than the nagging get-off-my-back kinda way. That, together with the fact that the place is brand new and so super duper swanky, lended to the feeling of an extremely luxurious high end shopping experience, thankfully without prices reflecting that!
The main dining option, Bay Market Kitchen, a "21st Century Food Square", serves up casual American cuisine, and locally brewed draft beer, wine and growlers. Order up front and everything will be brought to your table. High chairs are available, however there is no children's menu (maybe if enough of us whine about it they'll add one?). My 4-year-old devoured their hot dog, which was split open and grilled - much nicer presentation (and more delicious, of course I stole a bite) than your average wiener! I got their mac 'n cheese, after a customer service rep recommended it about 5 times to me LOL. It didn't disappoint!
- 71 At Beyond - an event area with a full kitchen and lots of seating - for demos, classes, and more.
- Blow In Blow Out Bar - hair salon located in Face Values store
- Picture People - photo studio with on-site printing while you wait
- Home Delivery counter - not sure about prices, but nice to have the option so easily available!
Located at 850 3rd Avenue (at 31st Street in Brooklyn), Liberty View is a cynch to reach via 3rd Ave's B37 bus, the subway's R line (8 minute walk from 36th St. Station), and by car - they have free parking! The nabe still has a very gritty industrial vibe going on, with the BQE overhead and not many pedestrians or street shops, but you're totally transported once inside the building!
- Brooklyn Children's Museum Block Lab & Exhibition - 274 36th St (6 minute walk from Liberty View) - A fabulous and free kids' play area open Thursdays & Fridays (10AM-1PM) and Saturdays & Sundays (11:30AM - 5PM) through March 16. Don't forget to get silly in their free Bosco video photo booth (in the long hallway on the way to the restrooms).
- D'Emic Playground - 3rd Ave between 34th & 35th Streets (5 minute walk from Liberty View) - a small public playground featuring jungle gym, spray showers, and handball court.
- Costco - 976 3rd Ave (at 37th Street; 8 minute walk from Liberty View)
- Green-Wood Cemetery (enter at 35th St & 4th Ave or 25th St & 5th Ave) - a 478 acre landmark, a BEAUTIFUL place to walk around on a nice day, with great views of the city.
- Monkey King - 4605 7th Ave (1.5 miles from Liberty View) - Kids' play gym - $7 / 90min.
- Happy Cafe & Play - 5707 4th Ave (1.5 miles from Liberty View) - Kids' play gym - $5 / 90min, $7 / 2hr.
- Play Days & Parties - 6632 3rd Ave (1.8 miles from Liberty View) - Kids' play gym - $12 / 2hrs
- Superstar Family Fun Center - 736 61st St. (2 miles from Liberty View) - Kids' play gym - $10.