Did you hear did you hear?? Yesterday Wills & Kate had a bouncing baby..... BOY!!! A whopping 8 pounds 6 ounces. Let the frenzy of judgement and influence begin!
Of course when you get down to it, they are just a man and a woman, a husband and a wife, two brand spanking new parents who are clueless and scared and thrilled to have such a blessing enter their lives. But get real, they're not just any new parents, they're the freaking future King and Queen of England!! What they do, who they wear, how they act, it's all newsworthy! Every detail leaked about their little one will be headline news and impact the decisions of parents around the world! Let's get started with just a few decisions they'll make this week alone that we are all DYING to find out:
1) What kind of birth did they have? Vaginal (if so - medicated, unmedicated, assisted?) or C-Section. The reports are it was "natural" and not a cesarean. To me "natural" means out the hoo-ha with no drugs (pitocin, epidural, etc) or vacuum or forceps. When the news agencies say "natural" what they really mean is vaginal, they just don't want to use the word vaginal. VAG VAG VAGINAL!!! lol
2) Will the boy be circumcised? The word is probably not, because hello, it's Europe. Good on them. We didn't either. Seems to be moving a bit in that direction despite the AAP endorsing it recently. Sorry, I'm not gonna cut my son's penis just because it will slightly lower his risk of STD's and infection. How bout we teach him how to properly clean it and wear a condom. Sounds like a better approach to me! (No judgement to those who choose to circumcise for religion or to match daddy or for whatever reason! It'd definitely one of those tough personal decisions parents have to make!)
3) Will Kate breastfeed? Pump? Formula feed? Have a wet nurse? Will the little prince be fed straight up champagne and caviar from a golden bottle encrusted with diamonds and sapphires?
4) What name(s) did they choose? Can you just IMAGINE if they went with something wonky like Pickle. Ha! Wait, do they even have a last name? Wait, who cares...
5) Other questions that I doubt we'll ever have an answer to, but inquiring minds would LOVE to know... Did William cut the cord? Will they plant the placenta by a tree at Buckingham Palace, or encapsulate it for Kate? Did they save the cord blood? Did they do skin to skin kangaroo care after birth? Did the baby room in or get whisked away to the nursery? Will they co-sleep? Will they get a full time nanny? Will they waste no time and have a set of royal Irish twins???
So, what parenting decisions do you think they have made or hope they will make?? Do you think we will ever know, or should we even be privy to such private details? Personally, I would love to know every single detail because I am so completely fascinated with the Royals, but frankly I don't think it's any of our business... booooo....
I'm a NYC metro area mom blogger living in NJ with my Japanese husband & our 3 kids (twins plus 1), focusing on fun and honest product and travel reviews, saving moms time finding the best for their families! Find what you need in the menu bar or search section above!