Most parents buy a toddler board to hook onto the back of their stroller at some point. Whether it's when big brother or sister has to give up their stroller seat for a new baby, or a child no longer wants to be strapped in but doesn't have the endurance to walk the whole time. These boards can make walks with the stroller much easier, but wouldn't it be cool if there was a board that allowed your child to stand OR SIT, with a quick flip of the switch??? Well, THERE IS!!!
I'm pleased to introduce you to Lascal's BuggyBoard Maxi+ with Saddle, one of my new favorite stroller accessories!!! Keep reading to find out more about this amazing product, and at the bottom of the post you can enter to win one in my $500 BEST STROLLER ACCESSORIES GIVEAWAY (running through March 15, 2017)!!
For the past year, we've been using another ride on board with a seating option. It was the only one I'd been aware of and while it was a life saver for us with infant twins and a 2 year old, it had 3 big problems: 1 - the platform was too low, so you had to push the stroller from the side which was SUPER ANNOYING (and sometimes painful, as a mom recovering from twin pregnancy and birth!!). 2) The (large) seat had to be fully removed to use it as a standing board and if you do that when out and about, where the heck are you going to put it??? 3) Because of the way it attaches to the stroller, if you have an oblong rather than purely round back axle, the board will not pull up and latch out of the way when not in use. So, not entirely satisfied with this board I was really excited when I learned about Lascal's BuggyBoard Maxi+ & Saddle! We've been testing it out over the past few days and I can say with complete honesty, it has blown the other one out of the water, in all but 1 area. I'll elaborate below.
What I love about the BuggyBoard Maxi+ with Saddle:
1. It's not in your way.
The board is high (just over 6" from floor to bottom of board), giving large ground clearance so you can walk directly behind it - your feet go under it and it doesn't break your stride at all. Most other boards are simply too low and require you to walk to the side, but both the mini and maxi size BuggyBoards are nice and tall. This is SO GREAT!!! See it in action in my quick video here:
2. It's universal.
These two loopy connectors are how the board connects to your stroller. You can loop them at whatever point will allow the board's arms to reach your stroller - the rear axel, above the wheels, etc. The pin that connects these loops to the arms of the board is what allows the board to be able to rotate up for the Lift-n-Store function, and to handle small curbs and bumps. It also has a quick release so with the push of one small button on each side you can remove the board and its arms completely.
3. No tools required to assemble.
Initial installation took me quite a while, over 1 hour - I was quite confused but that's generally how I am with assembling stuff, whether it's stroller accessories or an Ikea bookshelf haha!! Because no tools are needed, you could potentially use one BuggyBoard for various strollers, but it would take a bit of time to to adjust the height and width of arms of the board, and undo and redo the straps that connect it to the stroller. If it were me and I needed to switch it often, I'd probably buy a 2nd "universal connector kit" ($30) and just leave them on each stroller permanently. An interesting thing to note is that I didn't notice any metal on the board. The pins, screws, etc were all plastic. I'm not quite sure what the point of this is, lighter weight? Anti-rust? I just found it interesting and different!
4. Lift-n-Store System (hooks up out of the way or comes off completely).
You can lift and store the BuggyBoard up and out of the way when not in use. It comes with a leash that quickly loops around your stroller and clips onto the board. I found that with the saddle on, it didn't really get much out of the way on my stroller, so I chose to remove the saddle to store the board higher up and more out of the way.
5. The saddle flips down or removes completely quickly.
Just pull one button on the saddle and the saddles fold down so your child can stand on the board. If you'd rather remove it complete, just push one button and pull it out of the board. It's about 10x5x4" so easy to toss under the stroller or in the diaper bag.
6. The board is large with anti-slip surface.
7. Smooth ride with large wheels and suspension.
Overall, it's an amazing option to turn your single stroller into a double stroller, or even to turn your double stroller into a triple stroller (as we've done). For most families, I would say it's the best toddler board on the market! That said, it's not perfect, and you'll need to assess your own needs to decide if this would be the best fit. Some things to keep in mind:
1) The saddle and handle is small and there is no seatbelt. You need to think about the age and maturity of your child and if they would be able to ride safely.
2) It comes with a set of extenders, but does ride fairly close to your stroller. For one of our strollers (StrollAir MyDuo, handle goes across entire stroller and has a bar down the middle; pictured below), there's no space for my child's head or body between the stroller seats and the handlebar. This means my child has trouble getting up onto the saddle without help and is hunched over a bit when sitting on the saddle, but he doesn't complain and rides along just fine. When standing, he has to lean back ever so slightly behind the handle, which isn't comfortable for him or especially safe. When using with our other double stroller (Joovy TwinGroove Ultralight, with unattached handle bars - i.e. space for my child between the handles), he's able to ride perfectly in either position. So, it definitely depends on the height of your child and the way the stroller's handle bars and seats are arranged. In my opinion, the best fit will be a stroller that has space for the child to stand between the seat and the handle bars.
The Lascal BuggyBoard Maxi+ with Saddle is recommended for children ages 2 - 5 years, with a maximum load of 44 pounds. It retails for about $150 on Regal Lager's website and Amazon (affiliate link). Other great Lascal BuggyBoard options include the Mini ($70) and Maxi ($90, without Saddle).
OK now hurry and enter to win your very own BuggyBoard Maxi+ with Saddle along with 10 other amazing stroller accessories in my $500 value giveaway!!!! This giveaway ends March 15, 2017 at 11:59PM EDT!!!
About Me ^_^
I'm a NYC metro area mom blogger living in NJ with my Japanese husband & our 3 kids (twins plus 1). This blog is chock full of product reviews, family travel guides, and giveaways galore! It's also home to Bay Ridge Families, and several guides focused on kid-friendly activities and guides to South Brooklyn, Hudson Valley, and New Jersey, as well as family-friendly destinations beyond the NYC area (check the menu bar!)