If you're a stroller-pusher, chances are you already have and love The Mommy Hook. In case you've never heard of it, it's basically a large heavy-duty aluminum carabiner with a comfortable non-slip foam grip in bright colors. Most parents use one for hanging bags from their stroller handle(s), grocery cart, etc. I'll admit, this is a perfect and extremely handy use for it. I certainly don't leave the house without one (or 2) hanging from our double stroller!! In fact, I've included one Mommy Hook in my $500 value 11-product jackpot BEST STROLLER ACCESSORIES GIVEAWAY running now through March 15 (go here to enter for your chance to win it all - I'll link to it again at the bottom of this post).
But, I wanted to dig deeper and find even more creative and useful ways parents can make use of The Mommy Hook. Are you ready for some mom hacks? Here's my list in video form, followed by a quick written list for your convenience!
*Disclaimer, most of these uses have not been tested or endorsed by The Mommy Hook, use at your own risk, safety first!!!*
13 Creative & Useful Ways to Use The Mommy Hook:
1. Hang bags from stroller or shopping cart: probably the most common use of The Mommy Hook! Just be careful not to hang so much that you damage your stroller or tip it over backward!
2. Hang water bottles, snack cups, and more! We've found Klean Kanteen and Squeasy Sport (both pictured below) to be great bottles for hanging!
3. Hang shoes: hang flip flops and crocs to dry after visiting the sprinklers or water park. Hang stinky gym shoes (using laces) to air out on the walk home!
4. Phone Rest: non-scratch elevated surface to avoid disaster when someone spills a drink on the table!
5. Baby / Toddler Leash: in a pinch, attach child to yourself, another child, the stroller, or something else! Use child's belt loop, a snack cup tether, etc. I used our BooginHead SippiGrips to attach to our girls' wrists and the Mommy Hook. They paired nicely LOL!! *Not recommended for daily use, but you never know when you might need a leash an emergency...ahem... moms of toddler twins...*
6. Hang Rain Gear Together: rain boots, rain coat, umbrella - all hung together so you can quickly grab them on a rainy day and not hunt each piece down individually!
7. Hang Winter Gear Together: hang together coat, snow bibs, mittens (shoutout to our all time faves pictured below - SnowStoppers, check out my review!), scarf, hat, so you don't lose them!
8. Accessories Organizer: great for hanging together hair accessories, belts, baseball caps, etc!
9. Carry multiple bags easily & comfortably (thanks to the foam grip)
10. Landry Hanger: Hang regular and "non-hanger-friendly" (dry-flat) laundry!
11. Reusable Shopping Bag Organizer (of course we use Teas' Tea bags, gotta plug hubby's company haha!)
12. Lock / Tether: lock items to crib, desk, etc, to prevent loss or theft by little siblings (please don't use in the crib of a small child).
13. Babyproofing: use one or 2 to lock chairs together or lock chairs to the table, so babies can't pull chairs out and climb up onto table!
There are tons of great ways you can put The Mommy Hook to use in your home or on the go (available on Amazon for about $10). Have you used it any of the ways I listed? Have another great hack for us?? Be sure to share in a comment below!!
And OHHHH I almost forgot!!! Head on over to my BEST STROLLER ACCESSORIES GIVEAWAY now to win one Mommy Hook and 10 other amazing stroller accessories in my $500 value jackpot (US only, ending March 15, 2017).
Disclaimer: Although I did receive this product free of charge and was compensated for my honest review, all thoughts and opinions are my own and completely unbiased. The Mommy Hook does not endorse every usage listed above, please use with caution and always put safety first!
About Me ^_^
I'm a NYC metro area mom blogger living in NJ with my Japanese husband & our 3 kids (twins plus 1). This blog is chock full of product reviews, family travel guides, and giveaways galore! It's also home to Bay Ridge Families, and several guides focused on kid-friendly activities and guides to South Brooklyn, Hudson Valley, and New Jersey, as well as family-friendly destinations beyond the NYC area (check the menu bar!)