1. The ballet opens with a lavish Christmas party full of boys and girls (played by your Bay Ridge neighbors), complete with toys and gifts, mischief and sibling rivalry. And a mysterious magical guest.
2. Your children will recognize many of the melodies. Music from the beautiful Tchaikovsky score has permeated pop culture.
3. You can introduce your children to the ballet without paying Lincoln Center prices or stressing that they won’t be able to sit still for a full length performance. The Nutcracker ballet is fun, fast paced and exciting.
5. The Dance of the Snowflakes and the Waltz of the Flowers are among the most beautiful dances in all of ballet. The Dance of the Snowflakes is breathtaking, performed as snow swirls down on the dancers who make up the corps de ballet - all Bay Ridge students. Waltz of the Flowers is enchanting, full of dazzling pink costumes which capture the beauty of spring time. Your children will be mesmerized.
6. The role of the Sugar Plum Fairy will be danced by international ballet star Maria Kowroski, principal dancer from New York City Ballet. Your children will have the rare opportunity of seeing her perform in this intimate setting.
8. Here’s what Alastair Macaulay, legendary dance critic of The New York Times, has said about our Nutcracker:
- “Impressive young ballerina technicians”
- “These children were already good professionals.”
- “The levels of technique and theatrical production are remarkably high.”
- “This will remain one of my favorite “Nutcracker” memories.”
10. It’s not unusual to see children leap to their feet during intermission, swept up by the magic, acting out the dances that they just saw. Who knows? Before the night is through, you just may find that your young son or daughter sees themselves as a budding ballet dancer too. You’ll leave the St. George Theatre singing the melodies, and they’ll stay with you throughout the Christmas season.
The Vicky Simegiatos Dance Company presents The Nutcracker at the Historic St. George Theater on December 22, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. Tickets are going fast!
- Location: The Historic St. George Theatre - 35 Hyatt Street - Staten Island - 2 blocks from the Ferry
- Tickets from $19 (VIP Tickets $50 and $35)
- The Vicky Simegiatos Performing Arts Center (7110 Third Avenue - 2nd Floor Office - Mondays through Saturdays - 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.; TEL: 718.690.0944)
- Historic St. George Theatre Box Office - 718.442.2900
- Ticketmaster (via VSPAC website)
For further information, visit our website (includes a Groupon Deal), call 917.860.4025 or 718.612.9475, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or download our PDF flyer:
|File Size:||1768 kb|