The grass is always greener. Hindsight is 20/20. Yada yada yada. I'm a complainer and a yearner and I won't lie about it. I want what I want when I want it, and I might just throw myself a pity part if I can't have it my way. Maybe I'm being a bit hard on myself, I'm really not THAT bad... I mean, my hubby does call me "wagamama" endearingly(?), but that's beside the point.
As a new mama I love my baby more than life itself, but there are definitely things I miss about being pregnant, and also from before being with child. Let's review, shall we?
What I miss about being pregnant:
1) Doing what I want when I want - take a nap, sure! Stay up late and sleep in til noon, why not!
2) Not worrying about birth control or freaking out after an accident or being late
3) On the opposite end, not scientifically "trying" to get pregnant and not being completely destroyed when Aunt Flo comes to visit AGAIN (What is wrong with my body??? Can I not get pregnant???)
4) All the attention! Everyone chatting with you about the baby, oohing over your baby bump, and giving you their seat on the subway. (OK, still get tons of attention with an adorable baby in your lap, but that attention isn't all about YOU anymore).
5) This is what I probably miss the most - not having to suck in your gut! haha!! Thanksgiving at 8 months pregnant was FANTASTIC!!
6) No shower drain hair! This was a pretty great one too ^_^
7) Blaming everything on the pregnancy... I'm hungry/tired/nauseas/bitchy - fill in the blank with any adjective and it can be blamed on the baby or pregnancy hormones! Your excuse for anything: I'm growing a life damnit, gimme a break!
What I miss about before being preggo, while being preggo:
1) Eating and drinking what I wanted without having to think about it effecting a growing baby. Never knew I could be so concerned over a piece of chocolate or cup of coffee or sip of wine. I'm breastfeeding, so the concerns and guilt continue!
2) Being able to put on lace up shoes or boots without sitting down in a chair and lots of huffing and puffing.
3) Sleeping on my back. Man, I got the worst hip pains and had the worst sleep through the pregnancy - I'd sleep on the left side bout an hour til it cramped up, then get up and pee, then sleep on the right side bout an hour til it cramped up, then get up and pee, and repeat all night long...
So, what's on your miss-list??
I'm a NYC metro area mom blogger living in NJ with my Japanese husband & our 3 kids (twins plus 1), focusing on fun and honest product and travel reviews, saving moms time finding the best for their families! Find what you need in the menu bar or search section above!