**Updated 3/16/21 (new videos throughout the treatment process will be embedded at the bottom of this post!)
- They're thousands cheaper than Invisalign (who doesn't offer a virtual option), AND you can get $70 off your Starter Kit with code USJAPANFAM!
- I can do this from home, while minding 3 kids during a pandemic!
- They have really great reviews.
- They use only orthodontists (whereas some brands only use dentists, or a mixture of dentists and orthodontists).
- They have some Candid studios available if you want to get a free in-person assessment rather than do the DIY kit at home.
- They include teeth whitening, so after you get them straight you can get them nice and white, too!
My teeth are not currently a hot hot mess. I had braces when I was a teen, however I failed to continue wearing my retainer, and my teeth have been gradually moving since. My dentist recently confirmed it's normal with age for teeth to move gradually forward, and yes, my bottom teeth especially are getting crowded and bothering me. My mother's got so bad by around 60 that she had to have a tooth pulled and wore braces to straighten them out. Her dentist warned her that if she didn't, she'd start experiencing pretty major tooth damage and decay!! Knowing what happened to my mom, I was anxious to go ahead and get my teeth straightened out again, and keep them straight this time!!
I ordered the Candid Starter Kit online and it arrived within a few days. The package is fun, very Apple-esque in a big pretty white box. They have very detailed instructions and video tutorials for how to take your EIGHT photos and FIVE dental impressions. I felt a bit of pressure to get these right, otherwise they'll get rejected and you'll have to start over. The reason is that they'll base everything off of these - your whole treatment plan and printing your aligners. They need to see every tooth, gum line, bite from different angles, ALL OF IT!
Learn more about Candid here and get $70 off your Starter Kit with code USJAPANFAM!
Unboxing my aligner kit, going over treatment plan, putting in first aligners, submitting first scan to my orthodontist!!